Monday, March 14, 2011

Shipping off to Pucón.

I'm going to try to make these posts as clear as possible because there was a lot that I did and I want to try and put as much information as I can in each post. So I'm going to split each day up into different posts..that way you don't feel like you're reading a book when really it was just my amazing weekend :)

So to start we left of thursday at 930pm. It was a 12 hr drive approx, so we left at night so that we wouldn't miss any sunshine!
Or so we thought! We got there and what was it doing, RAINING! que horror! We had a tour planned for the whole day and it rained...all day! We arrived there around 10am and was brought right to our cabana. It was a lovely cabin that had a wood stove and nice beds.
When we first got to our cabañas we saw this...
they were adorable and so cute! they let us hold them and they were really the only thing i would feel comfortable holding without worrying about getting fleas!


I was exhausted and wanted to just take a nap, although one thing i have learned from ISA is that there are no breaks. The majority of the time there is something planned to do. Within an hour after arriving we were off on our adventure for the day. It started with going to the travel agency that we used to hike the volcano. I had to be fitted for boots, jacket and pants etc.
After taking care of some tourism business we headed on the bus to start the tour. Our first stop was a waterfall (un salto). The waterfall was named La China. It was pouring but still an amazing sight to see! We ended up seeing 2 saltos, but we were able to get closer to the biggest one.
La China

Next on the tour we went to a couple more spots in the forest. The tour was in spanish so I didn't quite get all of the information, but they were beautiful sights to see! After we were all freezing and wet (mojada) we went to see a typical Mapuche hut (una ruca). The Mapuche are the indigenous people of Chile. The woman lives in a normal house today but has kept her hut and her Mapuche values. 
inside la ruca

It was nice to warm up by the fire and dry up a little. We were served coffee y tea along with some special bread that tasted like fried dough! It sure was yummy! I wish that my memory were better so that I could relay all of this information back to you guys, but I'm REAL bad at remembering things. I think I might start carrying around a small notebook so that I can write things down!
After the Mapuche part of the tour we got to my personal favorite: the hot springs!! It was so nice to sit in there and relax. We were cold all day and by the time I was just stepping into the hot springs my feet were already wrinkled! We had a good 2 hours at the hot springs which was greatly appreciated!
some people in the hot spring

It was a wonderful tour and I learned a lot, although it doesn't seem like it because I can never remember the things! Overall it was a super rainy day that ended wonderfully all curled up with a cup of hot chocolate sitting next to a warm wood burning stove! 
And so ended day 1 in Pucón. Un Poco Del Sur de Chile


No comments:

Post a Comment