The afternoon started out with AMAZING gelato at the Bravisimo in the mall.
Natalie and I with our gelatos! I had mint chip and she had chocolate mousse. Both SO GOOD!
On our way towards home there was some confusion of which type of transportation to take home. Let me break it down for you. To get any where there are 4 means of public transportations. In this specific situation we could have chosen one of many although we chose wrong.
1. Walking. Normally not a big deal except when it would have taken us a long time to get home.
2. Metro. Unfortunately the metro does not run towards the mall and we were far from the closest station.
3. Colectivo. Basically a taxi that follows a certain route. So you have to find the right one. Usually a good option although it costs more money when we had already spent a lot of transportation that day.
4. Micro. Public buses which are just crazy. I believe I have mentioned them before and compared them to the bus in harry potter because they are insane! They drive muy rápido and slam on their brakes at every stop. We chose the micro because we thought we had to meet up with a friend. Turns out we didn't end up meeting a friend and from our micro we then needed to hop on the metro.
On the walk from the micro to the metro I was already a little heated. The whole situation had been building up since we had been trying to buy our tickets for our trip south. The plan was to go to my house after the mall to get the tickets. At this point i was NOT in the mood to walk slow, which is very different from the Chilean way. They are very relaxed when walking and i fear if they ever went to NYC they would get trampled. Weaving in and out of numerous chileans and after the metro with more crying babies than i could handle we made it to my house. Natalie suggested I eat something since i was quite annoyed at the time. A lovely piece of fresh fruit definitely helped and I was able to focus on the task at hand. Buying tickets for our trip! Every day prices get higher so the goal was to buy them then.
We found the flights we wanted and when trying to buy them, fail. You need a card issued in Chile which obviously neither of us had. Sadly mi hermano Gonzalo took the brunt of my frustration although he lightened up the situation with some english which made me feel a little better. Let me tell you, trying to buy something as expensive as plane tickets is not something I enjoy doing in english, throw spanish in the mix and I am one stressed Gringa!
There was a plan that night to go to a local café and get some pizza and beer. Unfortunately I was not feeling very friendly, so I stayed home attempting to complete the purchase on my tickets. Failed. But it ended up being a good end to the night because I had a lovely conversation with Gonzalo in english because at this point spanish would have just put me over the edge! We talked about Harry Potter and he informed me of his disliking of the last book. He thought that J.K. Rowling killed off her characters too quickly and that they should have deserved a proper burial. I then proceeded to remind him of Dumbledore's burial. *i know this is not in the 7th book but i wanted to make a point*. Also now that I think of it Harry had a lovely funeral for Dobby. He lent me the 6th book in Spanish which in this particular translation is Harry Potter and the Mystery of the Prince. NOT THE SAME. how can they do that? I would like to buy my own copy though so I can write in it.
So that was my first true Chilean frustration. It seems silly now, but at the time it was quite a lot to handle. I'm lucky to have a family that knows how to release the Abby tension.
Chao for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment