Ok so here we go. im going to ATTEMPT (key word there) to put a daily update. this way you will be able to look at it and catch up with my daily life instead of reading a full 8 paragraph thing every once in a while.
Today we went to the beach again! so fun! we decided to go a little bit further up the coast this time to a place called Concón. In order to get there you have to take the public bus system which is called a micro. I'm pretty sure I have already mentioned these Harry Potter crazy-esk buses. It costs about 330 pesos which comes out to be about a little more than 50cents one way up the coast. It took about an hour total from the time I left my house to the time we were on the beach. Crazy buses but I guess they are so cheap that it is worth it!
I heard at this beach you can ride horses and when we arrived sure enough there were a bunch of horses just waiting to have us on their backs! Unfortunately we were not well prepared for horse back riding and decided to wait till a later time when we will be wearing pants. Can't wait!!
So a spanish lesson for you all:
Palta=avocado
Califont= the little hot water heater that they use to heat their water here. everything is super energy conscious, so in the afternoon they turn off the flame and if you want hot water you have to lite it up.
I know there is more vocab but at the moment i can't think about anything other than this sting i feel on my back from the sun. There is a hole in the O-zone layer down here so the sun is so much stronger! I will not complain about my sunburn because I know most of you are in freezing weather up there in good ole North America!
oh and another thing i learned today. I CAN'T WATCH HULU HERE! so tragic. apparently because of their licensing they're only allowed to show it to the US and US territories. shame!
My mom pointed out this blog to me where the woman asks if any of her readers have any questions, so I guess I'll do the same. It'll be better this way so you can actually find out things that you want to know about my daily life instead of just reading me ramble about whatever comes to mind. So, feel free to leave comments with questions and I will answer them in the following blog post or in a comment as well.
opps this turned out to be another long post. oh well!
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment