Today was the first day i have lounged and boy did it feel good! I went to be early last night around 11 and woke up around 11 this morning. It felt so good to get a nice amount of sleep! After stretching in bed for a little bit I headed downstairs to find my nice little floral tray where mi madre puts my food. On it was a beautifully grilled piece of bread here, which isn't like a normal slice of bread but more like a bagel shaped/sized piece of bread like a roll consistency. It was grilled and on top was an egg over easy. How did Vivi (mi madre Chilnea) know that I had been craving a bagel! it tasted almost the same to me! SO GOOD! and of course on the side i had my usual yogurt with fresh fruit in it.
Most people who are reading this know that I love fruit. I could eat it all day, and here I do! I had a peach when I first woke up. Then had a banana in my yogurt and for lunch which I didnt eat until 4pm I had honey dew melon! I could not be happier with the fresh fruit here!
I was looking to get some sun without leave the house, so I ate my lunch out on the patio that is really in the middle of their house here. It was so nice to soak up some sun while eating my fresh fruit and chatting with Viviana. I could not have asked for a more relaxed day :)
Oh yea siestas. They're a big thing for me... I love them and here they are socially acceptable. So HA to all of those people who used to make fun of me for taking naps! A lot of people do it here! perhaps its because spanish is so hard to understand and my brain gets exhausted after a couple hours of spanish! or ....maybe that's just me! anyways I have found it very frustrating to try and keep up with my shows from the states. Every show i try to watch from hulu or sidereel or whatever else says that they're only for people in the US. so i have been watching shows from sketchy websites that are not legit. but they work!
tomorrow is my first day of classes :/ I have a class at 8:15am. wowzers. ok I will definitely update you guys on that tomorrow. i like this once a day blogging thing, although we'll see how well i can keep it up!
I don't know why my comments have not been posting... Anyway, here's what I think: fresh fruit all day, guilt-free siestas and sketchy TV... what more could a girl ask for? (haha) I wonder if you have found the library yet? Also, can you (or perhaps not) keep up with local news from home? Is there a website for a Valpo newspaper that we could check out? Good luck with your first day of classes!
ReplyDeleteha yes...i know where the library is :) they showed us that on our tour of the university.. it is really old and I probably won't be spending a lot of time there!
ReplyDeleteOk here is my question... what does a typical Chilean dinner consist of? Also what has been your favorite new food there? (It is dinner time and I am hungry... can you tell?)
ReplyDelete