I was able to catch up with quite a few people today on Skype which made me happy because it's always nice to see the faces of the people that I love! I snapped this pic while skyping Arielle, my freshman roommate. She is on spring break at home and looking for a new tv show. We were just talking when all of a sudden she picks up this lime green weight and starts lifting it with her arm hhaa. I was cracking up. So obviously i had to take a picture!! and here it is!
Also today i did my first bit of homework! It was reading a story about the Maya god Huitzilopoxtli, which is super completed to say and I most likely didn't spell it right. I was about to take a nap when mi madre asked to read it. So while I was relaxing after focusing on that story for a good 2 hours, mi madre was reading it over 3 times. When i went down for dinner tonight she started acting out the story so that I knew for sure what was happening. There were a group of men on horses and she actually made the galloping sounds of the horse. I think i might actually understand some of these stories if she acts them out every time! I'm so glad I ended up with the family that I did. They are wonderful!
Another week of school ahead of me.

No comments:
Post a Comment