Monday, March 7, 2011

and to answer Lindsay :) (the first question!)

The typical chilean dinner....hmm it ranges. Usually there is the main meal which most of the times would be enough for me! The main dish usually ends up being something like lasagna, meat and potatoes, chicken patties, or just recently we had a shepherd's pie type deal. The main part is most likely something that you would heat up in the microonda (microwave).

Then for the sides there are usually 2. Fresh fruit, and fresh vegetables. Fruit can be anywhere from peaches, honey dew melon, to pears. Most of the time it is cut up perfectly with the skin peeled off which I am definitely excited that the fuzz is off of the peach! Then the fresh vegetables! Lately it has been fresh tomatoes, sometimes with the skin off sometimes not. Cucumbers are usually in the mix as well! Sometimes  in the beginning there was ice berg lettuce but we have cut that out and have gone straight for the tomatoes and cucumbers now :)

Then it's usually the exact same thing for lunch! Leftovers are a huge thing here! I think it would be a tad crazy for me to expect that mi madre make me something different at every meal! That would take a lot of effort haha.

I will take a picture of my little tray that mi madre Vivi sets up my food on. It is lovely and usually no matter what time in the day I will be able to go down to the kitchen and my food is right there waiting for me! It's an amazing gift, and I will definitely miss that aspect when I head back to the states! but that won't be for a while...so I am soaking it all up while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment