Monday, March 14, 2011

Everwood anyone?

The town of Pucón is super quaint. For anyone who is as big a TV fan as I am, it reminded me of the town in Everwood, a show that was wrongfully ended on the WB.
Saturday morning I had no morning plans so some friends and I walked around the town. It was also my dad's birthday on the 12th of March, which I was not able to call or get online to wish him a happy birthday! Skyped with him today though and heard he had a nice dinner at the PUB 97 so that was good to hear!
While walking around we came across the lakes with some stray dogs. They were so cute! At first they were a little bit scary, because we just wanted to get to the water and they would get in front of us. It took us a while to figure out that they just wanted us to throw the wood for them, so of course we did!
teasing the dogs a little bit :)

After walking around and looking at some of the hand made crafts (artesania) shops we went to lunch at this small restaurant. There were only a few other tables occupied. It was here that I had THE BIGGEST hamburger that I have ever seen in my life! It was filled with tomatoes, avacado, cheese, mayo, lettuce. There is no way that I would have been able to eat the whole thing! I cut it in half and let the other people I was with try it and I finished the rest for myself. OH BOY was it good! Could have done without the mayo, but they're into la mayonesa here.

it was practically the size of my face!!

After that amazing lunch it was time to go horseback riding! I was looking forward to this because I have always had a fascination with horses. They scare me because they're so powerful and could crush you in a second, but they are amazing creatures! I had a horse named Morena. She was 14 years old which apparently is prime time for a horse because they live to be about 36. I was with a group of 7 girls who chose to go on the horses (las/ los calbagatas/caballos). We started up this dirt road and it took us a while to get used to our horses. One of the girls had a horse that had a small problem with gas! that was funny haha. Morena was lovely and did most things I told her to do :) We were going uphill for a while until we came to this field where we got off the horses for a little trek. Little did i know it would be an intense lets climb down the side of this cliff and go see a waterfall kind of a trek. But it was amazing!! here is the view of what we saw when we started our trek. 
amazing view right?!

So then from here we hiked for maybe 20 minutes until we got to another water fall. Every waterfall that I have seen so far has just taken my breath away! It is such a change from the central Chile where they do not have as much rainfall. Central Chile has more temperate weather and is definitely not as GREEN as the south of Chile. 
you sort of get an idea of how tall it is...

Right before we got back on our horses we decided we wanted a picture with one of the tour guides. He was an older man and he didn't quite have all of his teeth. I was standing next to him for the picture and before the picture was taken he said something to me which I didn't understand. (This is normal for me. I don't understand most Chileans unless I am expecting the question like do you like it here or how is your horse). The man apparently asked me if I liked the heat of a man. So weird right!! I am glad I didn't understand him because I do not even know how I would have responded if I had. Thanks to all my advanced spanish speaking friends to fill me in on all of the things I am missing!
Another hour on the horse and we were being picked up to go back to the cabin. I didn't want to say good bye to Morena and I had a good photo shoot with her before I had to leave. She was wonderful and just stood there as I had my friend Natalie snap at least 20 photos. 


This is one of my favorites :)

No comments:

Post a Comment