So today was like any other day. I had class at 10am and spent the majority of the day in Valpo around the area of school. We had a meeting with ISA this evening starting at 7pm to talk about Culture Shock and just to get together to see how things were going. We were in the middle of our meeting when our chairs and the room started shaking. It wasn't that strong but enough to notice and then Lizette our director was like yep, that was a temblor. It was pretty strong but not strong enough to be considered a terremotto which is just a really strong earthquake.
After a few minutes of people talking Lizette got right back into the things for the meeting and we continued. I was sitting right by the window and life didn't seem to stop for this thing that happened. It was so weird. We just had an earthquake, and everyone just continued on like nothing happened.
I got home and right before I got on skype we had another one! The second was definitely not as strong and it only lasted for a few seconds. I'm not as freaked out as i think i should be, but I'll definitely start freaking if things start falling off the the walls and I can't stand up straight.
Not much to note today besides the earthquakes. Just looking forward to a good nights sleep because we might go to a local irish bar here to celebrate St. Patricks Day tomorrow :)
I must admit, I'm living the good life :)
pequeño terremoto!!
ReplyDelete