Monday, May 23, 2011

Jardín Botánico

On Friday 5/20, just another lazy Friday without classes. I had been wanting to check out the Botanical Garden which is pretty close to where I live. Finally, Redyn and I decided to explore. We weren't really sure how to get there, Mama Vivi advised us to ask the owner of the small store next to our house, so we did. We were to take a green and white micro 302 (a micro remember is a public bus, with CRAZY drivers!). 5 minutes waiting and we were on our way! I asked the lady next to me where to get off, and she said to get off when she did. Pretty easy!
Less than 20 minutes later we were getting off the micro and found ourself walking aways across a bridge and to the entrance. Since we are students it only cost about 500 pesos, or 1USD.
I think i'll let the pictures explain the garden...there's no way i could come up with enough good descriptive words to describe this place. We basically walked around, snacked on some food and chocolate and chatted about my last trip to La Serena and Redyn's trip to Chiloe, an island down south that unfortunately i don't think i am going to have enough time to visit.
So anyways, here are the pics!

Redyn walking along the main entrance. The trees were all colored and it reminded me of the fall at home :)

after 20 minutes of walking, we weren't really sure if we were following a trail, we got to this pond!

camo lookin tree

the tree's were huge!! this one is for my tree huggers out there. But i'll tell you that after i hugged that thing i had spider webs, and probably ants crawling all over me.

i like this one.

heart tree <3
So there are the pics! Overall it was a great afternoon relaxing, walking around, and catching up! That's how i like to spend my free Fridays!

As for today, Monday, I had an exam on subjunctive. This is something that mostly people who study spanish have a hard time with, and todays quiz was not so fun. I was iffy on quite a few answers, and I never really know how i do until i get the grade back, which in Chile...could be months. But now that it's over with i can only look forward! 
Weds is so close! Cannot wait to have Michelle and Adam here at a time when I am really missing home and mostly unhealthy american food!

Chao Pascao!







No comments:

Post a Comment