Sunday, May 8, 2011

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

Wow, I can't believe that everything is flying by. It is mothers day today, and while i am not with my real mom, I have a wonderful mother figure here in chile. Mama Vivi. I wasn't expecting to do much today, mostly study and read...but from the moment i got up i have been spending time with my chilean family. I ate breakfast, my usual yogurt and banana, and after showering we had a lovely meal with a photo shoot. Here are some great pics of the day.

the table set for six (Me, Mama Vivi, Grandma, Leonardo, his girlfriend Judy, and Paulo) *Gonzalo is in Santiago.

Coke and Red Wine, *Coca Cola y Vino Rojo* is called a jote. not to be confused with a man who only wants to sleep with you. same name, definitely different things.

Leo, the oldest brother that doesn't quite live here...but he is here sometimes

Judy, Leo's girlfriend.

Judy y Yo

Paulo, Yo, Leo My Chilean Brothers,*mis hermanos chilenos*...minus Gonzalo


That's it. It was a lovely day!! After that we cooked chestnuts *castaños* in water. We also tried soaking a towel in wine and then you put it over the chestnuts and they cook like that...very interesting taste.
Hopefully i will be able to get some studying done tonight. I have an exam on weds and a paper due on tues.

Happy mothers day to all the wonderful mothers that I know out there!! all of your kids appreciate it, even if they don't say it!

chao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment