Friday, May 6, 2011

Patagonia Trip: Day 9

The last of the Patagonia journals!! So sad to finally post it. but in NO TIME i will have more journals to post from our trip north. I apologize if this last journal entry makes no sense. We were delirious on our last day of travel and I am pretty sure that we wrote the majority of this at 2am waiting for our plane.


10/4/11
8AM-wake up and shower (no towels provided... $10.000 for a towel?) ---> if Abby's Spanish served her right.

9AM-breakfast- una sorpresa- Bread *PAN* y YOGURT! again.

9:30AM- Taxi to bus terminal $1300 ---> 12:30 pm arrive at airport and wait for 3.5 hours for check in. Drink intensely bitter cappuchino... wait more.

4pm finally board plane. almost crash from wind in B-town. (If we could not remember/understand the name of the town we just called it by its first letter-town. This happened with B-town and C-town. 
On the plane we ran into some ISA kids. Abby saw lindsey's dreads from afar at front of plane. 

8PM arrive in Puerto Montt... bad landing! STUCK forever. get snack with jacob, brett, and lindsey. 

10:47pm still stuck in Puerto Montt w/ no signs of leaving soon. going to have to sleep in Santiago tonight because no more buses to Viña after 10:30pm. Eating chocolate from mama vivi and playing basketball with wrapper. (We were bored in the airport because it was so tiny and all of the stores had closed. So i took the tinfoil part of my chocolate and we started playing basketball. We would make hoops with our hands and give out point values)

"I don't think that guy understood us because his shirt is kind of whack"-abby about guy who was sitting next to us on plane. (i don't know how to explain this one haha)


11:30 try to get $$ for ticket -fail. minibus to viña-ojala to out doorsteps. (We were hoping to get driven from the airport to our doorsteps in a mini bus) (writing this at 2:30am- kinda out of it) (We were trying to get money out of SKY airlines because we had been siting in the airport waiting for 5 hours)
waiting for the plane....we were tired.


2:30AM- FINALLY boarded plane :P 
Thought: I guess this is the time Stingray normally gets poppin. we probably have another 2 hours of good dancing in us.
 "wino vino you know"-Abby (can't explain this one either)

Thankfully somebody woke up all the sleeping old people. (A lot of people were sleeping while we were waiting for the plane to arrive...we were worried that they would miss the flight. Luckily someone from the airline woke them up!)
WANT. DESSERT. 

QUOTE: "where else would you be able to bring a full glass of ginger ale through security.. only in chile!" (security was very relaxed in this tiny little airport. The flight attendants were serving us soda from the plane and I was able to bring it through security with me).
-security lapse: walk back to get stuff out of bag behind security lines. (Also, because they had to transfer the bags for the plane change, while we were waiting we were able to walk back and get anything we wanted from our luggage).

-hope this make sense. see you in da mañana!!!
(-creeper sitting behind us in airport AND on plane!!!!!)
Lindsey, Jacob, Brett, Natalie. All so sleepy at almost 5 in the morning!


This is my rest of the night after I split from Natalie. The solution to get us all home since SKY airlines was the reason that we missed our bus, was to send us home each individually in a car. My driver kept trying to talk to me, but i had my ipod in, and at that point I had not slept in about 23 hours.
receipt from ride. that is 123 US Dollars. That's one expensive ride...thanks SKY!


7am- arrived home. Driven to my doorstep by nice man. I had class at 830...so why not go! I was in bed with my lights off trying to sleep and I couldn't, so i just got up and wet to my class.

AND THAT IS THE END OF MY PATAGONIA TRIP!! I can't promise that the next trips log will be as detailed, but we will definitely include the important parts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment