So yesterday i just officially determined the classes that i'm taking. So here they are,
1. Pre-Columbian Art and Society, although my teacher is a 28 year old who just got her license in january of this year. She is an archeologist who is very much interested in the society, and is going to throw some art in there. Good thing i'm taking this for my ART general education requirement. I practically already took this class with my Mesoamerican anthro class from sophomore year which i would not like to return to, so i'm hoping that I will enjoy this class a little bit better. (this is my only class in english)
2. Contemporary Latin American Short Stories. This class will definitely be a challenge for me...the professor talks super fast and all the stories and everything is in Spanish. I've survived so far, but just wait til an exam...ouch.
3. Grammar para extranjeros 3 (for foreigners). Good class, im learning a lot about things that i'll need for the spanish language. definitely worth it, too bad it doesn't count towards my major. thanks UNH.
4. Chilean Communication and Culture. It seems weird with the communication part but actually it's very needed. Chileans have a lot of words that they have created for themselves, and they most likely won't be in a dictionary. My teacher is super chill and i'm learning a lot!
So theres the academic part of things, now lets get to the fun stuff!
For the last 2 weds there have been a good group of people meeting up to play soccer at the sporting club. It costs about 3 dollars to play since we need to rent the field for an hour which costs about 60 dollars. It's been super fun getting back into soccer and it's a nice way to enjoy the middle of the school week. We got a great picture of all the people who joined last week.
a mix of chileans and gringos/as
Last night there was a chilean brother who wanted to give a tour of Valparaíso to a group of gringas. Without any other plans we set off for what was to be a 3 hour tour, obviously i didnt plan for this since i was wearing sandals. whoopsies. We walked all though the hills or *cerros* of valpo and had some great view. we came to this beautiful view right about sunset and the color was taking over the city. just beautiful. Here are some pictures from that tour.
i played with the colors, so you can't really see the sunset. but these are the girls i was with
me in front of a painted wall, very beautiful
the view at the end of the night. on the wall it says *careful children playing* I love this picture and I'm glad i brought out my good camera for this one because i never would have gotten this shot with my tiny Nikon.
I have to go head out and do some errands for my trip down to Patagonia tomorrow, I'll update a little bit on this trip later in the day.
Happy Snow Day Friday! It's about 70 here :)

So abby, I've decided I'm dropping out of college and moving to Thailand with Beau.
ReplyDeleteThat's random, Adam... (smirk) Chalk it up to "senioritis"...
ReplyDeleteSo, Abby, my question is this: Have you had any world-famous left-footed boots into the corner of the soccer net yet? Can't wait to see a blog post and pics of Patagonia and Argentina, but I'm trying to be patient. Miss yo' face!