Sunday, April 17, 2011

Lazy Sunday, guess it's a good day to update the blog.

So, Natalie went away on a trip with her family this weekend, so I have yet to receive the journal from the remaining days of the Patagonia trip, but that doesn't mean that amazing things haven't been happening to me in the mean time. It's been a really good weekend back in Viña del Mar.

Friday was a gloriously sunny day, so obviously we headed to the beach. There was NO ONE on the beach. Apparently it is winter here. It is crazy, you see people on the streets all bundled up in their jackets and i was sweating because the sun was so strong! It is crazy. So we were on the beach for a while soaking up the sun and we got too hot, so obviously ice cream *helado* was our next step. We went to this little place that didn't really have a name. I got mocha and it was AMAZING. We were eating our ice cream on the street when we saw these 3 girls walking up holding THE cutest puppies. We started to pet them and then one of the girls asked if we wanted them. Never have been asked if i wanted to buy a puppy on the street before. They were adorable, however i don't think mama vivi would let me bring a puppy into the house. They were adorable though. After I got home, I showered off all of the remaining SPF 50 that i lather on daily and took a lovely nap.
That night we headed to the house of my friend Renee because it was her birthday a few days earlier. Her mom has a tradition of making a home made ice cream cake...mint chocolate chip. LOVE IT. It was amazing. It was nice to go see a different Chilean household. Her family was super cute and she had younger cousins there that were making me miss the kids i work with at school.
After the cake, so delicious, I headed home while the rest of the crew went out to the bars. They had changed the lock to the front gate of my apartment building, and I didn't have a key, So i wasn't about to go out and then have someone wake up and let me in in the wee hours of the morning. Good thing i decided to come home, turns out the button to open the door from the inside of the house wasn't working, and Gonzalo had to come out and open the door for me.  I made it inside! yay. stress gone.

Next was Saturday. We had an ISA excursion to go to our 2nd of Pablo Neruda's 3 houses. It was set up in the hill *cerro* and you could see everything! It was a great tour where they gave us these remotes almost. It had a speaker that you held up to your ear and you pressed the buttons as you went along and it told you different things about the famous Chilean Poet and his house. Next was a walk through the Open Air Museum. This is literally just some paintings on the walls through a neighborhood. I wasn't all that impressed. I made it home to have a long nap and food. Gotta love lazy days. That night there was a plan to go to our local favorite disco named Stingray. I was skyping with Mom, Uncle Don and Uncle Chuck who were up in Round Pond, ME opening up the house. I was talking with them a while and their main piece of advice for the night was that if any guy tried to touch me i should hiss at them and show my claws, like a cat. Thanks fam. hahaha.
It was midnight when I finally left my house. I can't even believe it. It it hadn't of been for my nap I never would have made it that late! We hung out at Redyn's house until about 2 and made our way to Stingray to find an OUTRAGEOUSLY long line outside of the club. We sat in that line for an hour and didn't get in the club doors until 3am. An hour and a half of dancing, and at 430 the music stopped. McDonalds was our next thought. At UNH everyone goes to DHOP (Durham House of Pizza) after they have been drinking...well in Viña del Mar, it is McDonalds where everyone goes. I got a Big Mac meal and it was super delicious. Finally made it home and was in bed and asleep by 7am. Golly. What a night.

Today-Sunday!
I woke up around noon. Which seems like I slept super late, and got a good nights sleep, when in reality i only slept for about 5 hours, which is not enough for me. So today was a super lazy day. Woke up, ate breakfast and immediately went outside to the patio and set up a lawn chair in the sun. I had my ipod and Mama Vivi brought me some nice cold jello to help with the heat. The sun is SOO STRONG down here. Eventually I couldn't handle it anymore and I had to move into the shade which was a lovely change.
I've spent the whole day horizontal and I am completely exhausted. I will for sure be asleep before 10pm. It'll be nice to get a good nights sleep before my 830 class every monday morning.

So that was my weekend,
Chao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment