So I made it here alive! It was definitely a long trip! I started out with my first flight from Boston to Dallas, TX which took about 4 hours. I landed in Dallas and barely had any time to make my connecting flight. I hopped on the Tran which brought me around the airport, made it to the bathroom, and then I heard....LAST CALL.
I was starving, and I wanted food! But that wasn't going to happen, so I jumped right in line and got on my next flight. Less than 20 minutes on solid ground. woah! I still feel like I am on a plane. I got to my seat on my second flight. Dallas, TX to Santiago de Chile. 10 hours! I was sitting next to a college aged girl and found out that was part of the IES program in Santiago. She was arriving a couple of days ahead of time and her game plan; take a taxi to her house and hope that her host family would be there! Food, I was dying! I hadn't eaten since 3 and it was getting close to 10pm. The flight attendant rolled the food past me and I caught a wiff. At that point, I wanted to eat anything. Yes even the gross airplane food. The flight was all right, I took some nyquil and was in and out of sleep for the majority of the time. Woke up in time for breakfast, and then we were almost arriving!
I am glad that I got off the plane, went through Immigration and Customs and right there was an ISA sign with lovely Lizette (our program manager). We were one of the last flights to arrive so that meant only a few minutes wait until we were picked up by a nice luxury bus! we were told not to get used to this!
Packed day, we got to our hotel. Changed and brushed our teeth. Oh and I have 3 roommates for our time here in Santiago, Redyn, Holly, and Jacquline. The plan is to be here until Sunday, and then we head to VALPO!
We did so much today, had a brief hola meeting and met our jefa (boss). basically Holly from our group has been here since the beginning of February. It is her job to make sure that we are all up on time. I dont know how well i will be sleeping the first night here, so I think i'll be up on time anyways.
We went to Cerro San Cristobal. The virgin mary on top of a hilltop. Very intense. Just an update. More to come.
yayyyyy you made it =)
ReplyDelete