Monday, February 28, 2011

so this is viña!

First of all, I would like to give mad props to anyone who has completed a semester abroad speaking spanish or any other language. I can say that this whole semester abroad will most likely be one of the most challenging things that I will do in my life. Not only is it interactive all day everyday, but in spanish!!! My brain is constantly working to translate english to spanish and hopefully as the days go on i will just start thinking in spanish instead of in english.
I met my host mom! She is soo lovely and free spirited! there are 5 children in the family but only 3 of them live in the house. the 2 oldest girls are off and married in Germany and Spain. So that leaves 3 sons left. We got to the school and immediately we were shuttled off the bus to go get our luggage and then when we got that, our host families found us. Mi madre, o Viviana es so energetic and loves life! We skyped with my mom and it was lovely.

opps gotta go. more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment