After much frustration and worry, I got my Visa! I thought I was going to have to change flights and a whole bunch of other stuff, but I don't! What a weight lifted off of my shoulders. It happened last saturday 1/29 at the Honorary Consulate of Chile in Brighton, MA. Mom offered to come along, which I was very thankful for. Lots of one way streets and after some wondering, we found it. This did not look like a legit consulate. We walked into the basement of some house in a tight residential area. I was helped by 2, 85 year old men who we thought to be brothers. Paul and Phillip. Things went pretty smoothly. All papers copied and submitted. I was about to walk out the door when my mom asked "Can I get a picture?" Of course she would ask this. So I slunk next to Paul and we stood there awkwardly while my mom pulled out her Iphone and got the camera ready. After viewing, I approved the photo even though it was blurry. I was NOT going to ask for another one. Then we left! Passport stamped and ready for Chile. Here is the picture. So you all get the idea of what it was like ha.
Navigating the residential area of Brighton to find Bernardo O'Higgins Circle among one-way street with 6 foot snowbanks... priceless!
ReplyDeleteTwo things we learned that day:
1) When you are invited to dinner at 8, they really mean 9:30. The clock means nothing to Chileans, and if they are not there when you arrive, they obviously got a better deal!
2) Chileans mumble. They say they don't but they do. Good luck with that!
What a great experience, our visit to the Consulate!