Saturday, July 30, 2011

... I WON!

So, International Studies Abroad, had a photo contest for the Spring semester abroad and I won grand prize!
I found out that I first won with this picture:

I was so excited to win, I forgot to look over everything and make sure it was legit. And then I read the disclaimer...the winning photos had to be taken by an ISA student, and this one was....NOT. I am in the picture, all the way on the left. THey would have printed this photo and put it on the wall in the Austin office, so I had to do the right thing and tell them that it was in fact not taken by an ISA student. 
Feeling bummed, I sent the email, but felt good about doing the right thing. I got a call from the woman the next morning and she confirmed that the photo would have to be taken out of the running because it wasn't taken by an ISA student, which is the whole point...
but then she told me that I was actually the runner up with another photo! They had chosen the jumping one because it has ISA students in it and it got the most amount of votes, but then since it had to be taken out, the runner up won, and that was ME!
here is the official winning photo!


here is the website where you can see all of the other winners! these pictures are beautiful! ENJOY!

Spring 2011 Photo Contest Winners

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA that is AWESOME! great story! and great pics!! what was the prize??

    ReplyDelete